Powered by Blogger.

Delicious Lunchtimes with Leerdammer

Monday 24 August 2015
I love cheese, this is one of the many reasons why I will never be thin.  It is so versatile and tasty and there are so many delicious types of cheese to enjoy.

I was delighted when Leerdammer asked me to become part of their Better With Leerdammer campaign.  A fab idea which will highlight how easy and fun sandwiches can be to create for lunches, using Leerdammer, of course.  I will be blogging a tasty sandwich each day this week as part of the campaign to show just how versatile and delicious sandwiches can be as a lunch option.


Sandwiches are perfect for me to make quickly as a busy Mum, with a young bubs to look after.  They are also great for us to eat both at home and out and about in the school holidays.  What I like about Leerdammer is that it is a great shape for putting on sandwich bread, either homemade or store bought.

I was tasked with making a sandwich from:

Tortilla wraps
Sour cream
Mustard
Mixed herbs
Leerdammer Original
Lettuce
Red onion
Small pepper
Tomatoes
Balsamic vinegar
Avocado
Kidney beans

I made Kidney Bean Patties using red kidney beans, orange pepper, onion, some breadcrumbs (made by whizzing up a tasted tortilla in the food processor), 1 tsp of mixed herbs and 1 Tblsp Balsamic vinegar.  I put all the ingredients into a food processor and pulsed until a finely chopped, rough mix formed.  Not too smooth.  

I refrigerated the mixture overnight then cooked the patties in a little oil until lightly browned on each side before putting them in a tortilla wrap with cheese, lettuce, avocado, tomato and some soured cream.


The wraps, and bean patties, were a real hit with my family.  My 11 month old son liked the Kidney Bean Patties for his lunch with some avocado and sliced tomato.

Check back tomorrow to see another delicious sandwich creation! 


* I was compensated for my time and provided with ingredients to create this recipe *

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top