Powered by Blogger.

Coffee Cake Pop Coffee Cup

Thursday 14 June 2012
Firstly, I would like to congratulate the most lovely Tea & Biscotti, Mulia, and Andy who are semi-finalists (along with me) in the Coffee, Set, Match Challenge run by Wimbledon sponsors Lavazza.  Do check out their blogs, they're fab and their coffee creations have been amazing!

Secondly, I would like to introduce this rather rushed effort as my last recipe in the Coffee, Set, Match Challenge semi-final round:



It is meant to be a cake version of one of the Lavazza Wimbledon cups that Tea & Biscotti was lucky enough to obtain the other day.  Here's her photo:

Photo used with kind permission from Tea & Biscotti - thanks lovely! x

As you can see, my cake looks like a round brick with a handle, my piping is dodgy and the whole thing is a bit of a disaster. LOL However, it tastes fab and the cake pop mixture is so simple to put together.  Everything is edible, apart from my lovely new Limited Edition Wimbledon Coffee Machine thanks to Lavazza.


It's really easy to create your own cake like mine, yes really!  All you need is a cake which you crumble into fine crumbs and some buttercream icing.  That's all there is to it! Just mix enough buttercream icing to get a fudgy consistency and then but it in the fridge to firm up a little and become more manageable.  Then sculpt it into whichever shape you like.  You can dip the shapes in to melted candy melts or melted chocolate instead of covering them with sugarpaste as I have done.

The entire cake and cake board coating are completely edible, and it tastes delicious!

It took absolutely ages! a lot of tinkering to colour the sugarpaste the correct Lavazza Wimbledon colours.  If I had've been more alert and thought about it, I should've baked a cake in a coffee cup to get the right shape before icing it.  I was really short of time, and sleep, so I crumbled a coffee cake I had made then added enough homemade coffee buttercream to get a fudgy consistency.  I then shaped this into a brick into a kind of cup shape and covered it with sugarpaste.  I was going to make mini coffee cup cake pops but ran out of time.  I may still do that and blog it at a later date.

All of the bloggers who have been involved in the quarter finals and semi finals of the Coffee, Set, Match Challenge have worked hard on their recipes and produced delicious coffee treats.  A huge "Well done, and good on you!" to all those bloggers who've taken part in the Challenge so far.

 


 The finalists are announced tomorrow, best of luck everyone! x

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck lovely! I love the cake pop cake! mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fabulous cake, whatever you say;) And thank you so much for your kind words, it's been great fun, good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do yourself such an injustice!! This is a brilliant effort and must have taken a bit of skill. Its fab and who'd have thought of crumbling already made cakes, that sounds like my kind of thing, any excuse to dodge the oven!! Best of luck tomorrow! Crumbs!! (see what I did there?! lol). x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wouah ! looks not a disaster to me !
    good luck and finger crossed !

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top