Powered by Blogger.

Yorkshire Puddings

Tuesday 20 September 2016
It was Batter Week on The Great British Bake Off this week, and they were tasked with making 12 uniform and identical Yorkshire Puddings.  I have no idea if that is actually possible without making at least 3 or 4 batches as my Yorkshire Puddings tend to have a mind of their own and rise however they like.  


I was totally delighted that my Dampfnudeln earned me a Star Baker badge last week from Jenny who is hosting The Great Blogger Bake Off.  Hurrah! 



No pressure for this week then!  I baked my Yorkshier Puddings on a grey Monday afternoon before the school run and they all rapidly disappeared.  Toddler boy and 16yo had 4 each as soon as they were cool enough to devour.  I had a couple and there was one each left for my middle two daughters.  I had to bake another batch at their insistence.


I was intending to fill the Yorkshire Puddings with a creamy chicken and vegetable mixture to use up leftover roast chicken but they disappeared before I could even entertain making anything to fill them with.

Some of the school run Mums mentioned that their mothers used to give them Yorkshire Puddings with a dollop of jam as a snack after school, as did another lovely blogger on Instagram.  My daughters now want it to happen on a regular basis, I'm not sure about that but it will definitely become part of our after school snack repertoire.  Do you just save Yorkshire Puddings for roast dinners or do you eat them at other times?

Yorkshire Puddings

vegetable oil
2 large free range eggs
100g plain all purpose flour
100ml milk, I used full fat whole milk

Preheat your oven to 225C/425F/Gas Mark 9. 

Put a little oil into every hole of a 12 hole muffin tin and put into the oven for 10 - 15 minutes whilst you make the batter.  

Beat the eggs, flour and milk together in a jug until light and smooth.  Carefully remove the tray from the oven, then pour the batter evenly into each hole of the muffin tin.  Put the tray back into the very hot oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until risen and golden.


I am once again linking up with Mummy Mishaps and The Great Bloggers Bake Off.

Mummy Mishaps

2 comments:

  1. Do you think it makes a difference if you use full fat milk? I always use semi skimmed and mine sometimes don't rise so well..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, I just used what I had but I guess it might have an affect and help them rise.

      Delete

Back to Top