Powered by Blogger.

Chocolate Fudge Bread Buns - Bready, Steady, Go!

Wednesday 8 April 2015


I was asked my Jen from Jen's Food if I wanted to resurrect a monthly bread baking challenge, of course I said yes without hesitation!  I bake our bread, baking almost every day, so jumped at the chance of a monthly challenge to encourage me to develop new recipes and try out new types of yeast based bread bakes.

Jen is hosting the challenge this month and I am joining in with this recipe I baked to use up some micro Easter eggs we had left over after Easter, I also added some fudge chunks for extra flavour.  These buns disappeared in record time and my family are already asking when I shall be baking them again, using chocolate chips instead of micro Easter eggs.


Chocolate Fudge Bread Buns

450g strong white bread flour
50g sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fast action dried yeast
300ml semi skimmed milk
50g butter
80g pack fudge chunks
100g micro Easter eggs or chocolate chips

Put the flour, sugar, salt and yeast into a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer.  Measure the milk and butter into a microwave safe jug and heat until the milk is luke warm and the butter is starting to melt slightly.  Pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms. 

Knead the dough for 7 - 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.  Cover and prove in a warm place until doubled in size.  Line a couple of baking trays with non-stick baking paper.  Knock back the dough then knead through the fudge and chocolate chunks.  

Divide the dough into portions, we made 16 buns, and place the shaped dough portions onto the prepared trays.  Cover and leave to prove again until doubled in size.  Preheat your oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6.

Bake the buns for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden and cooked through.  Cool on a wire rack.



Head on over to Jen's blog to link up your bread baking blog posts! 

4 comments:

  1. These are excellent Michelle and a great way to kick off the challenge. My OH love fudge and I think he's be very happy if I made some of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for bread buns. I must get back to baking breads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing. I love bread, chocolate and fudge individually but together that is magic!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top