Powered by Blogger.

Quick and Easy 5 Vegetable Dhal

Friday 15 August 2014
As I mentioned in this post, I was sent some Clearspring Quick Cook Grains to try out.  I cooked the Millet, Peas and Lentils pack which contains Millet, Green Split Peas and Red Split Lentils which took only 10 minutes.

These packs of quick cook grains are so handy to have in the pantry for when you want a nutritious meal in next to no time.  Just add herbs or spices and vegetables to the cooked grains and dinner is on the table in around 20 minutes from whine to dine.  I served ours with homemade Naan bread.  This Dhal freezes well too so I have made an extra batch to stash in the freezer for after bubs is born.



Quick and Easy 5 Vegetable Dhal

2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 leeks, finely sliced
2 peppers, diced
2 courgettes, diced
2 carrots, finely sliced or diced
2 sticks celery, finely sliced or diced
4 tsp curry powder
4 tsp turmeric
1 pack cooked Clearspring Quick Cook Millet, Peas and Lentils or 250g cooked lentils

Heat a little oil in a large saucepan.  Add the garlic and vegetables then saute until vegetables have softened.  Stir through the spices and cook until fragrant.  Add in the cooked pulses and 500ml vegetable stock.  Simmer until warmed through and Dhal thickens.  Serve with Naan bread.


5 comments:

  1. Looks totally delicious Michelle and very healthy:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dhal and so anything that makes it quick and easy (and hopefully as pretty as yours looks) is good by me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I hadn't come across quick cook ones before, that really is a fast dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dal Michelle, but usually only put spinach in mine. You've now inspired me to ad more veg. Those quick cook grains sound excellent. I must buy some

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very healthy version of making dhal as you've not used much oil at all. I love those packets from clearspring. So perfect for midweek meals.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top