Powered by Blogger.

Quick and Easy Berry Tarts

Tuesday 5 February 2013

I love my 3 girls dearly but wasn't that enthused when they suggested we bake together yesterday afternoon.  However, I knew they would really enjoy it so I reluctantly agreed.  After much discussion and debate we agreed on a low faff bit tasty bake - Mixed Berry Tarts.

We used a pack of frozen mixed berries which were in the freezer, they're on offer for £1.50 and we have a few packs because we'd been using them to make apple and berry compote to put on porridge for the past couple of weeks.  I got my 12yo to make a slightly thicker compote from the berries whilst 9yo and 6yo cut out tart cases and leaves from a pack of pre-rolled puff pastry (which I bought on offer for £1).


It was a simple process, put the cut out circles into the holes of a muffin tin, spoon in some compote then top with pastry leaves.  We baked the tarts in the oven at 200C/180C Fan for 15 minutes.

The tarts were delicious for pudding and a much lighter option than turnovers or crumble.  They cost  around 20p each which makes them a relatively inexpensive pudding or afternoon tea option - as well as using up ingredients which may be lurking in your freezer.



I submitting this recipe to Tea Time Treats, hosted alternately by Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Kate from What Kate Baked.  Kate is hosting this month and the theme is puddings.




I am also submitting this recipe to Credit Crunch Munch which is hosted alternately by Fuss Free Flavours and Fab Food 4 All.  Camilla is hosting this month.  These Mixed Berry tarts are a frugal and very tasty afternoon tea or pudding recipe which used up ingredients I had in my freezer.





5 comments:

  1. Lovely tarts and at that price for frozen berries I need to get some for my freezer for smoothies!

    Thanks for sending to #creditcrunchmunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for submitting this delicious and nutritious recipe to Credit Crunch Munch. I was just eyeing up all the lovely frozen fruits in the supermarket yesterday but alas have a husband who doesn't like any berry apart from a Strawberry, I've even had to sieve raspberries for him as he hates the pips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frozen berries are great for pies, aren't they? Lovely and gooey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! Lovely to cheer up a rainy February day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do look nice, I can almost smell them straight out the oven, yum!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top