Powered by Blogger.

Chinese Chicken - WORDFOODS Fusion Taste Team Recipe

Saturday 1 October 2011
I'm delighted to be a member of the Worldfoods Fusion Taste Team and will be cooking a recipe using one of their delicious sauces every week for a while.   

The Chinese Ginger Garlic Chilli Sauce from WORLDFOODS mixes the holy trinity of Chinese cooking (chilli, ginger and garlic) together in a mouth-watering sauce that works well with seafood, chicken or vegetables.

Here's the suggested recipe we were given:
 
1 jar WORLDFOODS Chinese ginger garlic chilli sauce

250 g prawns

20 g sweet basil leaves

5 leaves kaffir lime leaf, coarsely ripped

5 clusters fresh green peppercorns

20 g chillies, diagonally sliced (if you want to add extra heat)

4 stems galangal, julienned

Instructions:

1. Heat WORLDFOODS Chinese ginger garlic chilli sauce in the saucepan.

2. Add in prawns and stir until they are cooked. Follow by other ingredients, stirring occasionally until the sauce thickens.

3. Serve with jasmine rice or rice noodles
 
Here's what actually happened:
 
My husband and I decided to make the recipe just for us as a treat.  He doesn't do shellfish or crustaceans of any sort so I used chicken thighs instead, as we had them in the fridge.  My husband than announced he wanted asparagus and homegrown runner beans with it. My dreams of a lovely authentic Chinese dish had now disappeared.  So I dutifully steamed the beans and asparagus and cooked some brown basmati rice and dished it up.
 
Here is a hastily taken and rather unattractive photo:

 
Believe me when I say that it tasted a damn sight better than the photo suggests.  It was sensational!  I can't wait to cook the next recipes in the challenge.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top