Powered by Blogger.

I completed the "Shake Up Your Wake Up Challenge"

Sunday 29 January 2012
I must confess that I normally struggle to have breakfast before leaving the house in the mornings.  I of course make sure that my 3 daughters and my husband have a good breakfast and some fruit to fuel their morning but I usually eat a banana or apple on the school run and then sneak a cuppa and breakfast when I get back from the school run.


However, I was lucky enough to be sent a hamper of breakfast goodies to help me get through the Shake Up Your Wake Up Challenge.  There are loads of delicious breakfast recipes on their website to inspire you to eat a healthier and more filling breakfast to set you up for the day.

I did manage to eat breakfast before leaving the house every day for the whole 5 days.  I tended to have wholemeal toast with vegemite or Breakfast Bars with a piece of fruit as they were easy to eat and fit in with the morning routine.

Having breakfast earlier gave me more energy and I was less fuzzy headed and better able to cope with the sometimes hellish joys of the school run.  Will I carry on eating breakfast before the school run everyday? I will try my best as it did make me feel better and is a much better example to my children than eating on the run.  I proved to myself that I can do it if I make the effort so will need to carry on making that effort.

Check out the Shake Up Youe Wake Up website they have 5 different Breakfast Planners for Mums and Free Resources to help inform you and your children about the importance of breakfast and help with healthy and tasty breakfast recipe choices.

You can also follow them on Twitter or check out their Facebook page.


I was sent the hamper of goodies in the photograph free of charge to help with the Shake Up Your Wake Up Challenge. All views expressed are my own and were not influenced by the provision of free food.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top