Powered by Blogger.

Stuffed Aubergines (Eggplant)

Friday 6 May 2016
I recently decided to start eating more healthily.  I tend to skip breakfast, and sometimes lunch as well.  That of course is not healthy at all and leads to food choices in the afternoon that are less than healthy.  If I am going to have a healthy lunch then it has to be quick and delicious, and ideally something that my toddler can share with me.

I prepared the aubergines in the morning when the school packed lunches were being made, then baked them at lunchtime for toddler boy and I to share.  I left the chilli out of his portion.



Stuffed Aubergines

1 large aubergine
2 spring onions
2 tomatoes, roughly diced
200g cooked chickpeas
2 Tblsp tomato puree
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder (optional)

Preheat your oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas Mark 7.  Cut the aubergine in half and scoop out the flash from each half, leaving the skin and 1/2cm of flesh intact to form a shell.  Roughly dice the aubergine flesh, add the other ingredients and stir well to combine.

Put the stuffing mixture into the aubergine shells, wrap loosely in foil and fold over to seal.  Cook for 25 minutes.  Open the foil parcels and cook the aubergines for another 10 - 15 minutes until they are tender.  Serve topped with natural yoghurt or quark and a green side salad and herbed couscous.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top