Powered by Blogger.

Our Family Meal Plan for this week - 09/02/2015 - The Second Flying Solo Edition

Monday 9 February 2015
This week is another flying solo week as hubby is still on bed rest.  To all those who care for ill relatives on a full-time basis, I salute you and admire your patience, stamina and fortitude.  I am starting to lose my sense of humour on occasion.  Looking after 4 children, one of whom is a baby, and an infirm and largely miserable husband is challenging and exhausting in equal measure.

Enough of my woes and whining! Our Meal Plan this week is another low faff one, I need us fed well in quick time as evenings are hectic and at times somewhat feral when all the kids are tired.  I haven't had time to do a shopping list again this week, apologies I must try to do better. 

Breakfasts will be weetabix with warm milk and fruit compote.  Packed lunches will be Calzone with crudites, herbed yoghurt dip, a piece of fruit and a baked treat for afters.  Lunches at home for hubby and I will be soup with homemade bread rolls.  I made a couple of large batches of soup in the slow cooker, and a couple of batches on the stovetop, over the weekend and froze them in portions for the week ahead.  There is enough soup for my children to have a cup of soup to warm up when they get home from school too.  



Dinners

Roast Chicken with roast vegetables and Yorkshire Puddings

Vegetable Pasties using roast vegetables


Chicken and Vegetable Risotto

Herby Crusted Salmon with mash and mixed vegetables


Cheese and Vegetable Puffs with Sweet Potato Wedges







Don't forget to check out other Meal Plans in the linky on At Home With Mrs M.


7 comments:

  1. Wow it sounds like you are a busy lady at the moment. Im amazed you a phase the energy to cook. I have made the vegetable puffs for my children before they went down really well, you'very reminded me to make them again x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire that you still have the energy and commitment to feed your family well in such trying circumstances. I'm sure I'm not alone in reaching for the baked beans tin or frozen pizza when time is limited. Well done to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been known to do that too should the need arise :) I mostly stick to plan, the night hubby was rushed to hospital we were having delivered pizzas for dinner for the first time in ages.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like things are tough at the moment, keep going :) hope this week's not too draining, enjoy your tasty meals xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your veggie pasties, reminds me of my Jamaican patties :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything sounds so good....Especially the Cheese and Vegetable Puffs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never made a risotto at home but I think I'm going to give it a try, the cheese & veg puffs sound gorge too

    Gym Bunny Mummy | Bloglovin’ | Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top