Powered by Blogger.

Spiced Salmon Bites

Saturday 2 August 2014
I whipped these up for a quick supper the other evening from store cupboard and fridge ingredients because our online grocery delivery was a disastrous shambles with quite a bit of it having to be redelivered the next day.  Thank goodness we were able to get some vegetables and salad greens from the allotment.  These tasty morsels went down very well with my hungry family and we'll definitely be having them again.




Spiced Salmon Bites

300g cooked salmon, or tinned salmon well drained
100g cooked rice, I used half a pouch of microwaveable brown rice
2 spring onions, finely sliced or 1 red onion, finely diced
1 free range egg
2 Tblsp finely chopped fresh coriander or 1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground cumin
pinch of chilli powder (optional)
2 Tblsp or more plain wholemeal or white flour, enough to bind the mixture
a little oil for frying

Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until a stiff mixture forms.  Using wet hands divide the mixture into patties or balls, I made 15 from the mixture.  Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and cook the patties for a few minutes each side until heated through and golden.

I served these with salad, crudites and garlic and herb yoghurt dip.  They would also be fab in a wrap.




Here are a few other lovely recipes for fish morsels from my blogger friends:

Mackerel Fishcakes or Kebabs from Mumta's Kitchen

Polenta Crusted Luxury Fishcakes from Laura

Trout Fishcakes from Elizabeth's Kitchen

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely quick dinner - I should bookmark this for when the ferries can't bring us fresh food during the winter months because of the storms. I rely on store cupboard ingredients quite a lot in the winter. Thanks for featuring my trout fishcake recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look so lovely... my mum used to make tinned salmon fishcakes and I loved them so much, these remind me of them... so summery too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh yummy yum yum - they look good Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delicious. And so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, these would be great in a wrap or pitta. I love how speedy these salmon bites are but also a brilliant standby dish to remember. Thanks for linking to me too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks deslishes! Will try it soon.

    xoxo
    www.cookwithdesy.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top