Powered by Blogger.

Super Quick Chicken Dippers

Wednesday 30 July 2014
I've been such a bad blogger lately, posts have been few and far between.  It turns out that Gestational Diabetes and endless Morning Sickness are not a good combo.  Added to that, all 3 girls are on Summer School Holidays and the weather has been very hot indeed.  Blogging has taken a back seat to getting through the day most days so apologies for the lack of recipe inspiration of late.

I am gradually getting back into recipe development as and when I have the energy and feel well enough to do so.  Thank you so much for your patience.

As part of my low GI diet to help manage Gestational Diabetes I have been modifying recipes and creating meals that suit my dietary needs but are also family friendly.

These were a real hit for a tasty and easy dinner after a day out and about in the school holidays.  It takes no time at all to coat the chicken so will also be a handy recipe for when school starts back and quick dinners are required.



Super Quick Chicken Dippers

2 Tblsp plain wholemeal or white flour, I used wholemeal
2 Tblsp chopped fresh coriander or flat leaf parsley
500g chicken mini fillets or chicken breasts sliced thinly
a little oil

Mix together the fresh herbs and flour on a plate then coat the chicken strips on all sides with the herbed flour mixture.

Heat a little oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat, add the chicken and cook for a few minutes each side until cooked through.

I served ours with a green salad, crudites and a garlic and herb yoghurt dip.


For other tasty chicken dipper recipes check out these:

Chicken Katsu Curry Rice from Kavey

Crispy Lemon Chicken Goujons from Katie

Chicken, Apple and Sage Nuggets from Elizabeth

6 comments:

  1. Ooh honey. That can't be nice. I hope you start feeling better. Lovely chicken. Nice and simple but packed with flavour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dom, only about 8 weeks to go so all should be well soon :) x

      Delete
  2. These look lovely and simple to make, I like that! Hope you feel better soon. Morning sickness is horrid :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love making our own chicken dippers. So much healthier than the frozen crap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you've been suffering so much! Thank you for adding my recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this, it is so simple and delicious. And I think this recipe always come in handy when you have fish fillet or pork chop in the fridge. A little bit of salt will be good if no worry of sodium taken. :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top