Powered by Blogger.

Morphy Richards Sear and Slow Cooker Review

Monday 12 November 2012
I am rather chuffed to be a Morphy Richards Innovator as this means I am sent lovely Morphy Richards products to review from time to time.  The latest product that I was sent is the Sear and Stew Slow Cooker which allows you to sear the meat in the same pan as you slow cook your meal in. Searing the meat in the cooking pan makes sense as it keeps the juices from the meat so that they can be combined with the rest of the ingredients of your meal to help create a dish richer in flavour.

My first reaction when unpacking the Sear and Stew Cooker was, what a lovely red colour, my second reaction was "Oh it is rather small".  You see we have a Morphy Richards Slow Cooker already, it is this large 6.5L capacity one which makes enough food to last us 2 or 3 meals.



The Sear and Stew Cooker was really easy to use, being able to sear the meat in the slow cooker pan meant less faff and washing up.  It also means that you could brown the top of a hotpot or cobbler in the oven with the lid off as the pan is removable and is of a similar the structure of a non-stick fryingpan albeit more light weight than that. 



The Sear and Stew Cooker made enough Chicken Stew to feed us a generous dinner, however, when I use my slow cooker I usually try and get more than one meal out of it.  The Sear and Stew Cooker would be perfect for a family of two adults and younger children, couples or families with less members or smaller appetites than us. 



It is a great product and apart from it being too small for our family I would totally recommend it.  It would be fab if they produced a larger version, I would certainly buy one if they did.  Being able to put the inner pan on the hob to saute vegetables or sear meat is a real time saver and makes it much simpler to slow cook stews without having to use, and wash up, an extra pan. 

Should you wish to get your hands on a Sear and Stew Cooker of your own I have a discount code from Morphy Richards to enable you to do just that.  With Christmas just around the corner a Sear and Stew could make an ideal gift for loved ones at University, moving out of home or for those who need a low faff but healthy cooking option.  

All you need to do is enter SC0123BLOG at http://www.morphyrichards.co.uk/ to get 30% off Sear and Stew Slow Cookers - Models 48701, 48702 amd 48703.

You can also follow Mrphy Richards on Twitter and Facebook where they have product news, giveaways and other handy information.


** I was sent the Sear and Stew by Morphy Richards for the purposes of this review **

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I am so jealous! I want one please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like the idea of being able to put it on the hob. I also like that it has a light - mine is an older slow cooker and has no indication whatsoever that it's actually switched on.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top