Powered by Blogger.

Waitrose Summer Party

Wednesday 30 May 2012
I must confess that when I received the invitation to the Waitrose Summer Party I did let out a SQUEEEE! and so a small dance of joy.  Thankfully I was at home and not out on the school run.  I did panic a little bit though when I realised that I would have to get glammed up and posh for the evening.  The party was bring held at Kensington Palace, in the Orangery, and we would be able to tour some of the gorgeous State Apartments.  Not only that but it would be an opportunity to catch up with fab foodie blogger friends, meet some who I tweet with but hadn't yet met, and have some superb champagne and canapes as well.

Those who know me know that I don't do glam.  I don't usually wear make up or get my hair straightened.  I don't have a job that requires me to, I don't usually have the time, and quite frankly I find applying make-up too faffy to be bothered with.  However, there was no way that I was not going to go along to this posh event!

I managed to get a dress, and shoes, and bag sorted.  I got my hair done locally on the day, my make-up was done in Oxford Street on the way to the event and I hopefully managed to scrub up rather well. 

I had a fabulous time with Sarah, Katie, Helen, Jules (and her husband), Rehn and a few other foodie bloggers.  We sipped Champagne, devoured canapes, had a good natter and also played the celeb spotting game.

Here's who we saw:

Master patissier Eric Lanlard - I bumped into him on the way to the bar (yes, literally - don't ask), Cheese making muso Alex James, baking legend Merry Berry, Royal cake maker Fiona Cairns, Masterchef  judges John Torrode and Greg Wallace - along with Dhruv Baker and Lisa Faulkner, Aggie Mackenzie, Lorraine Pascale, Gizzi Erskine, Ben Fogle (PHWOAR!!!), some ladies from TOWIE *eye roll*,  and the most lovely Kirsty Allsopp who I managed to get a photo with.



The State Apartments were AMAZING! So mindblowingly beautiful!


I was so glad that I was on the tour with Rehn and Katie, I was gobsmacked and it was great to have others who appreciated our surroundings as much as I did.


It was such a fab evening! Thank you so much to Waitrose for letting me come along, and to my fab foodie blogger and foodie writer friends for making it a truly memorable evening.


1 comment:

  1. Wasn't it fabulous! Thanks for mention - I'm envious you met Kirsty!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top