Welcome to my blog!

Savvy shopping, seasonal eating and thrifty recipes. Spend less on groceries and enjoy better tasting, easy to prepare meals your friends and family will love – all on a budget.

Wednesday, 16 May 2012

The Collective Yoghurt - Simply Delicous!

the collective
The yoghurt was swiftly eaten by my family shortly after this pic was taken!

I reviewed The Collective Yoghurt last year and it was delicious!  You can read that post here.  I've since attended an event and participated in a blind taste test of The Collective Yoghurt up against others I would usually buy.  It totally blew away all the competition because it was by far best in the tests.  So deliciously creamy with just the right amount of fruit layers.  I am a HUGE fan of this yoghurt.  My husband, who never normally eats yoghurt at all, devoured a whole 500g pot on his own in one sitting.

My children mercilessly nag me to buy it whenever we are in our local supermarket.  It is that good!

We have it for breakfast sometimes with granola, muesli or cereal.  There are smaller pots which are perfect for a lunchtime treat.  My favourite way to eat it is for pudding mixed with crushed biscuits like a cheats cheesecake, or mixed with frozen berries so the yoghurt freezes and coats the berries.  OMGness! Tastes fab without being loaded with calories, the perfect pud.

You can also use the larger yoghurt pots for dozens of things around your house.  They are sturdy and stackable so perfect for storing food in the fridge or cupboard as well as non-food uses such as storing kids small lego pieces, a garden string holder (just put a small hole in the top),  sewing accessories, etc.  You can even use them as plan pots on your windowsill. 


Check out The Collective on Facebook, You Tube and of course follow them on Twitter.




** This is not a sponsored post. I had my travel expenses reimbursed for attending the event. ** 

No comments:

Post a Comment