The second challenge for the Wordfoods Fusion Taste Team was one of my favourite dishes, Pad Thai using the Worldfoods Pad Thai Noodle Sauce.
The recipe we were given was:
Pad Thai, by May Foong
Serves 2-3 people
100g (or any combination of) Prawns / Chicken / Tofu
20g Chives, cut into 2” length
100g Bean sprouts
80g Flat rice noodles (information here you can substitute with other noodles if you wish)
1 bottle WORLDFOODS Thai ‘Pad Thai’ Noodle Sauce
2 tbsp cooking oil
Optional - add eggs (within the stir fry or as an omelette), spring onions, fish sauce, extra chilli pepper into the stir fry
Pounded roasted peanuts
Sugar optional (palm sugar traditionally added in Thailand)
1. Blanch the noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes until semi-soft. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat flavourless oil such as groundnut oil in a wok and pan fry the prawns until they turn pink, and set aside.
3. Pour in WORLDFOODS Thai ‘Pad Thai’ Noodle Sauce and bring to boil.
4. Add in the noodles and prawns and toss gently till well mixed.
5. Plate up the noodles and prawns, and add the chives and bean sprouts.
6. Garnish with roasted peanuts, chili flakes and lime wedges.
I used chicken again as my husband does not eat any crustaceans at all and lemon instead of lime. I also doubled the recipe as there are 5 members of our household, and the neighbours were keen to try some too. It was a delicious, straight forward recipe, and the entire family devoured it with no complaints. I made sure that I took a slightly better photo this week LOL
Don't forget you can follow Worldfoods Fusion Taste Team on Twitter @fusiontasteteam and don't forget to check out the Wordfoods Facebook Page.