Powered by Blogger.

Nairn's Sweet Red Pepper Oatcakes Review

Tuesday 18 October 2011
I was recently sent some Nairn's Oatcakes to review, they were the new Sweet Red Pepper Flavour.  I really like Nairn's Oatcakes as part of a packed lunch or a quick snack and my favourite way to enjoy them is with some extra light flavoured cream cheese or homemade hummus.  I  have tried the Herb and Punpkin flavour in the past and was curious to see if I liked the new flavour just as much.

There are 5 packets of 6 crackers in each box, great to put in lunchboxes as there's just the right number of crackers for a decent snack.  I took some to London with me on the train to an evening event as I knew I would be hungry.  I had mine without a dip, just accompanied by cup of coffee to wash them down.  They were full of flavour, moreish and rather delicious, they satisfied my hunger pangs without leaving  me feeling too full.

Apparently, Nairn's Oatcakes are naturally nutritious because oats are high in soluble fibre and this means they're packed full of slow release energy carbohydrates and this means that you feel fuller for longer and hopefully snack less.  I was more  concerned about how they taste, rather than all the health benefits, because if they taste good we're more likely to enjoy eating them. 

According to the packaging, Nairn's oatcakes are also wheat free and contain no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.  

There are loads of great recipes for toppings and how to use Nairn's Oatcakes in meals and kid friendly suggestions on the Nairn's Oatcakes website.  You can also find Nairn's Oatcakes on Facebook and Twitter.

Give them a go, they're delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top