Powered by Blogger.

Roasted Vegetable Bake

Monday 31 October 2011
We were given a dozen eggs by our neighbour and I was having a can't be bothered cooking kind of day.  This is a great vegetarian supper that is really quick and easy.  The only faff is chopping the vegetables.  All the family ate this in record time and were disappointed there wasn't enough for second helpings.

1 tbsp olive oil

2 small red onions, sliced

1 large red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks

150g open cup mushrooms

2 courgettes, sliced

6 large free range eggs

3 Tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley or thyme, or you can used 2 - 3 tsp dried mixed herbs

Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6. Put all the vegetables in a square baking tray or roasting tin, add the oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss well to mix everything together. Roast for the vegetables for 15-20 minutes or until they're golden and tender.

Beat the eggs together until smooth and well mixed.  Stir in whichever herbs you are using and add the eggs to the pan of roasted vegetables.  Return the pan to the oven and bake for a further 10mins or until the egg is cooked and set. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins before cutting into wedges and serving warm with salad and plain or garlic bread.

I also like to have a bit of chutney or relish available for those who need some. You could use my Quick and Easy Tomato Relish recipe to make some and keep it in the cupboard or give as Christmas gifts.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this - love getting inspiration which is so easy to carry out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love roasted vegetables! I have a recipe for roasted vegetables and pasta on my blog if you're interested. I made some extra vegetables and froze them for another time, I think I might use them in this recipe, I'll let you know how it goes! Thank you for sharing this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...is there anything better than roasted veg?! Nice and simple and tasty too! (There's a linky at mine if you want to pop it on!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it be naughty of me to add some meat into it? ;o) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh God, that looks amazing. I'm subscribing now!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top